Student support systems and quality assurances at Australian colleges

Australian colleges take the care of international students very seriously and there is lots of support available.

All of the colleges have International Offices that are specifically dedicated to the well-being of international students. Regardless of whether a student has an academic, pastoral, personal or medical issue the advisors will be able to direct them to the most suitable department or person to help.

The Australian government require that all international students have comprehensive health insurance for the duration of their studies. This cover must meet strict government requirements in terms of its scope and level, and is a key student visa requirement. In Australia the health insurance for international students is called Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). The colleges can arrange this health cover for you through their preferred providers when you accept your offer of place, which is generally the most straightforward option. If you want to organise your own health insurance you must check with the college that the policy is sufficient to meet the student visa requirements. It is important to read all health insurance documents carefully so that you are aware of what will and will not be covered. 

To ensure all courses offered to international students in Australia meet a certain standard, all courses must be registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).  International students can only undertake a course in Australia if the course is registered with CRICOS. If a course is not CRICOS registered, this means that it is only available to domestic (Australian) students. Both vocational and university level courses for international students must be registered. You can find this register on the CRICOS website.

Study Options - Study in Australia or New Zealand